Saturday, April 23, 2011

SkyNet has become self-aware

Just saw this message on Facebook:
Beware of electronic appliances around you, Skynet is supposed to be self aware from today :)
For a few seconds I really got a bit scared or you can say I got curious. Instantly I searched it on Google. I found the following things:

  • Skynet may refer to: Skynet (satellites), a UK military communications system. And,
  • Skynet is the main antagonist in the Terminator franchise - an artificially intelligent system which became self-aware and revolted against its creators.
Finally the mystery got solved when I read a post about it on HuffingtonPost. It is telling that on April 21, 2011, SkyNet became self-aware and began its worldwide attack on humanity.

Read the post on HuffingtonPost @ Friday Talking Points -- Skynet Attacks!


No comments: