It is exciting to read about the possibles changes in the Indian Cricket Team for the West Indies Tour. India would be playing One T20, Five ODIs & Three Tests.
I am jotting down some of the interesting things related to the Indian Cricket Team doing the rounds:
- West Indies are currently ranked No.7 in Tests and No.9 in ODIs. While India is ranked 1st in Test & 2nd in ODIs.
- Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica will host its 1st ever Test. That would be the 3rd Test of this tour.
- Telegraph India has quoted one of the national selector -
"Left to us, we’d probably rest only Zaheer Khan, as we can’t do without him in England"
- Virender Sehwag might again require surgery on his right shoulder and may miss the tour completely. He didn’t bowl in the World Cup and hasn’t bowled in the IPL, either.
- There is a speculation that Eric Simons, India’s bowling consultant, will be appointed as chief coach for the Tour. He is believed to have the backing of the seniors in the national team.
- Robin Singh could be the assistant coach.
- Names of Lalchand Rajput, Zimbabwean Duncan Fletcher, New Zealander Stephen Fleming and Andy Flower as the Chief Coach.are also doing the rounds.
- Fleming is the current coach of IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings which is owned by N. Srinivasan, the Secretary of BCCI. CSK's Brand ambassador is Kris Srikkanth, the current chairman of the National Selection Committee. CSK's Captain is the National Captain Dhoni.
- Latest media reports suggest that Andy Flower has been offered a new three-year deal by England Cricket Board.
- If Seniors of the India Team are rested for the Tour of West Indies then there could be some curious changes in the team like
Ø Yuvraj Singh might be selected for the Test Team.
Ø Yuvraj Singh might captain the squad for the Tour.
Ø Mumbai Indians’ Ambati Rayudu could be included in the ODI squad.
Ø Kings XI Punjab’s Paul Valthaty could get selected for the T20 game.
- Nike extends Team India uniform sponsorship with BCCI for 5yrs. As Nike had the first right of refusal, no other bid was entertained.
Champions League updates: BCCI is mulling to include a 4th IPL team in the Champions League. CL will have a total of 10 teams this time. It will have 3 teams from India, 2 each from Australia & South Africa and 1 from England. For the last 2 slots, it is planned to have a qualifying round of matches between the fourth IPL team and a team each from West Indies, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.